Monday, August 8, 2011

My Sister - the Other Cook in the Family!

If you talk to our mom, she will say the cooking "gene" skipped a generation in our family. Her father was a chef and my sister and I both enjoying cooking and trying new recipes, but my mom doesn't get the fascination.  She loves to eat what we cook though....let's leave it at that!
Anyway, our family gets together all the time....and most of the time we are eating!  Recently we grilled some chicken and veggie kabobs brushed with a glaze my sister made.  We also had corn on the cob and some potato salad a friend of mine made (wish I could take credit for that!).
But the stars of the show this night was the salad and dessert.

My sister bought all the ingredients for the salad: Romaine lettuce, fresh mozzarella cheese, fresh basil and a baguette that she made croutons out of.  I made a quick dressing of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  This was completely awesome.  A different take on a bread salad I make, without the lettuce.

Then sis made an amazing dessert....a plum and peach pie, her version of a Cooking Light recipe.  It was very good, made with spices such as nutmeg and all spice.  Of course we had this warm with vanilla ice cream. : )

I plan on posting more recipes and menus we make together.  This could become a sister cooking blog before we know it!

Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment