Tuesday, December 29, 2009

No Pictures...but soon!

Ok, so my first recipe post really sucks because I don't have any pictures...I of course started this right after dinner tonight, and didn't have my camera handy. But I wanted to share what I made for dinner....
My turkey meatloaf, which isn't really a recipe so much as a throw-in-a-bowl and then form-into-a-loaf on a sheet pan dish....the best kind sometimes! I've made meatloaf too many times to count, sometimes with pork, beef or turkey, or a combination thereof. Tonight I only had ground turkey on hand, so went with it. Did a quick cooking of an onion and 3 cloves of garlic in some olive oil, 2 eggs, a little milk, fresh bread crumbs, Worst. sauce, a little ketchup, salt and fresh pepper and added that to my 1.5 lbs. of ground turkey. Baked in oven with the mac n cheese at 375, 45 min or so (but check your oven!) Very spur of the moment decision, as I need a complete protein to go with my baked Mac-n-Cheese. I adapted this recipe from a great food blog I follow, http://smittenkitchen.com/ So you can look there for her Easiest baked macaroni and cheese. There's a picture there and everything! I changed mine a little, but the basic idea is the same. No cooking the pasta or sauce beforehand! Everything goes right in and bakes all together! Awesome! It came out great and was a success with the meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment